This program is aimed at training candidates for the job of an EMT Courses (Basic) in the Healthcare Sector/ Industry and aims at building the following key competencies amongst the learner.
After completing this programme in our centres(Kerala- Kottayam, Kochi & Trivandrum), participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge about the healthcare sector and emergency medical care services
- Demonstrate the ability to perform clinical skills essential in providing basic emergency medical care services such as urgent need to respond the emergency calls, assurance of scene safety, precision to call other emergency people, handling different emergency scenarios from clinical emergency to trauma emergency to mass casualty to disaster management, etc.
- Demonstrate setting of an ambulance for dealing with emergency situations
- Practice infection control measures
- Demonstrate safe and efficient transferring and ambulation techniques
- Demonstrate techniques to maintain the personal hygiene needs of oneself and the patient
- Demonstrate actions in the event of medical and facility emergencies
- Demonstrate professional behavior, personal qualities and characteristics of a Emergency Medical technician-Basic
- Demonstrate good communication, communicate accurately and appropriately in the role of Emergency Medical Technician-Basic